Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inspiration is all around us.

I am amazed by the range of wonderful, artistic and creative people in the scrapbooking world. Their talents are inspiring and are found everywhere on the internet and magazines. They inspire me to create and dream, to have a go.

Scrapbooking is more than a placement of a photo on a page. It is ART. For me its an avenue of discovery, being creative and artistic, also enjoying making things with your hands.

Everywhere you look there is inspiration. Everyday moments, everyday coincidences all inspire our creativity. The ordinary thing or moment becomes extraordinary.

I see beauty in the ordinary things we do everyday. Walking along the beach, waving to our neighbour, while watering the garden. Looking at a stack of papers, vintage lace, vintage photos. Looking at windows of shops, trash and treasure markets. Beauty and treasures that you can find everyday to inspire you.

I find beauty in many things, yesterday it was looking at me. While I was doing the washing and hanging out the clothes on the line to dry, I was hanging out my daughter's T-shirt, it was a Pumpkin Patch brand. My daughter loves this t-shirt, she has worn this shirt many times. The silver glitter designs on the shirt, glittered and sparkled in my eye. I looked at it, then ... AAH HAA moment happened. This could be a great design for a scrapbook page.

The T-shirt was toned in pinks and silver, I did mine with purples, greeen and silver.

Here is a photo of the t-shirt.


Hopefully in the next day or so my page will be complete.


Stay tuned. Thanks you looking. Adriana *X*

No comments: