Monday, June 30, 2014

"Getting to know me".......Blog Hop with a difference


Hi there everyone, hope you have having a great day.
Thanks for stopping by.
I was asked by my friend Margy Mifsud who lives in the Australia, if I wanted to join in this blog hop, I thought it sounded like a lotta fun!!

The difference with this Hop is that the posts are not all done at the same time.  They are spread apart and as it progresses the tour spreads out to encompass more and more crafty blogs.  Each of us has to answer some questions about our creative life and then tag 3 more of our crafty friends to carry on the Tour the following week.   As you can imagine, this is going to become HUGE!! 

Thanks for thinking of me, Margy Mifsud.
CLICK HERE to go to Margy's blog.

Margy Mifsud is on the design team for 2Crafty & Meg's Garden.
Margy is the Queen of cards. 
Exquisite, softly stunning feminine cards with intricate details
and brilliant Grungy masculine cards with the midus touch.
Her projects are all stunning works of art.

Getting to know me ...

A little about me that you may not know...............
I have been a very keen crafter throughout my years. I always loved Art at school, and was very good at it,  (probably the only subject that I always got an "A" for). When I finished school, I potted in ceramics, painting coffee mugs and vases.  I loved creating them and giving them away for gifts.
I then created cards with my watercolour pencils, giving these away as gifts too. Then Folk Art was very popular back in the early 1990's 
(I am showing my age now!!!!)
I was collecting old metal tins and pots and painting them with wildflowers etc.
Then I dabbled into Decoupage, I loved all the fuzzy cutting of vintage images and glueing them onto boxes, varnishing with layers upon layers of clear sealer.
Then the next form of craft was sewing. I made quilts, wall hanging, cross stitching, cloth rag dolls and bears.

Then, around the time I was pregnant with my daughter, I was creating a friendship quilt for my baby, I didn't know if I was having a boy or girl, so I created a very vintage one with lots of hearts and birds..no flowers.... 
sadly this was my last quilt that I ever made. I don't have much time for quilting, but I love seeing them on display at show and fairs.

Then after the birth of my daughter, I found Scrapbooking,  it was a great source of recording little life moments of her childhood. I was hooked from then on......... so, here I am creating memories for my daughter and family.
I love crafting and creating, it actually relaxes me and there is always something new and great techniques to test. I love experimenting, always making something crafty everyday.

Well, that is a little very brief story about my crafting life.... The next step in my journey in crafting was creating my Blog.... through this Blogging world, there is such a great source of inspiration from very talented people, I have made many online friends, it is also a fabulous way to meet new friends who share the same passion. :)
Please visit my friends on the bottom on this post.

1. What am I working on right now .
At the moment I am creating many projects with a Christmas themes for
my Design Teams. Did you know that there less than
6 months to Christmas Day!!! I have created many, many cards 
for my DT work and some other projects too.
But you have to wait a little longer for show and tell.

2. How long does it take to create a project .
It depends on what I am creating, making a card is less
time, of course. Sometimes when doing a layout
I start it, leave it for a day and finish it off the next day.
It really depends on the products I use as well.

3. What are my fave things I love to create with at the moment
Using inks, stencilling and stamps... and making flowers with paper.

4. How does my writing/creating process work
I always look at the papers I am working with
and find a photo to go with it,
then decide what embellishments to use and let it flow from there.

5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired .
I love crafting with paper, I love thinking outside the square.
I love looking at window shop displays for inspiration.
Looking at new papers designs and elements, brings on themes,  then I create and go from there. 

6. What is my signature style
Lots attention to details, with a bit a vintage feel.

 Some of my projects
That I have created for some of the wonderful Design Teams
that I have been very fortunate to be a part of.












Now,
A little about my friends, they follow my blog, 

and I follow their blogs and craft journey as well.
Hope you have fun visiting them.....


Tracey is the queen of Shabby Chic. Her work is soft and beautiful, glorious
and full of inspirational tips and ideas. She creates many cards and layouts.


Amanda Jayne Baldwin
Amanda is an Early years Art educator, loves teaching children and experimenting with different mediums. She is crazy about colour and her work is so vibrant, fresh and amazing. She is on many amazing Design Teams.

Heather McMahon
Heather work is totally inspiring, her work has been published in many magazines. Using textures and layers, her unique personal touches to her work are so inspiring. 


Cindy is a registered Dietitian and manager and Health Expert. She also loves to create, her pages are full of wonderful details and stories. Her husband is a Photojournalist, so her pages have some amazing photographs, depicting everyday life themes.

Links to my friends joining in this Blog hop

Amanda Jayne Baldwin
Heather McMahon
Cindy Gay

and I do hope you have time to visit these blogs,
and discover some new and amazing bloggers.

Have a great week  ....   
Big hugs  XX   Cheers Adriana  XX  :)


10 comments:

Amanda Baldwin said...

What a wonderful insight to your creative world! :) You're creations are always so stunning & inspirational! Love ur style and ur attention to detail. Can't wait to see ur upcoming xmas creations! :)

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. So lovely to read a bit more about you.. No wonder you create so beautifully, crafting is in your blood!! hehe.. and these are among my favourite creations too..I know 3 of the 4 girls you have mentioned I shall go and check out Cindys blog.. enjoy your day!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOOOVED reading about your creative process...& seeing all your LOs & creations like this....that peacock one really stands out, STUNNING!!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Fabulous post Adriana, really lovely to read about your creative processes. Love the photos of your layouts and creations and I'm with Lizzy, that peacock is awesome!!! Thoroughly enjoyed reading this and off to visit your friends!! ox

Helen Wallace said...

Hi Adriana, what fun to read about your creative journey. I smiled when I read of all the crafts you've tried,'cos I've done most of them, except the quilting. I loved scrolling through your layout and am still in awe of that peacock having seen it IRL. Looking forward to visiting the artists you tagged. TFS

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice. Love the peacock! Thanks Adrianna.

Tracey said...

Hey Adriana, your work is stunning, you have an amazing eye for detail! It was fun reading about your creative journey...I love making cloth dolls too! Great to see you are creating on the DT for Kaiser again. Congratulations!

Heather Jacob said...

wow Adriana, this is such a fabulous , interesting, intriguing and innovative post... well done you ans love knowing more about you and seeing your beautiful creations... beautiful ... big big hugz x

Denise van Deventer said...

Lovely to read more about you and your creative process! Your work is really lovely and I always find something inspirational! It's definitely a treat to pop over here and see what's new on the slab!!!! ;-)

Tina Connolly said...

Stunning projects, fantastic attention to detail, I especially love the peacock!