Friday, September 16, 2016

Vintage Journey Challenge - Create within a Frame

I was so pleased and super excited to be asked to join 
"A Vintage Journey" as a Guest Creative.
Thanks so much for having me this month as a guest.

Here is the blog post over at "A Vintage Journey"


Here is my post -  Adriana Bolzon. 
I have been a devoted Card maker for many years and have been
Scrapbooking and Paper Crafting for well over 16 years.  I love creating, inspiring others and experimenting with different techniques. It is a hobby and creative outlet, which I am totally passionate about. I believe that preserving memories are important, and scrapbooking is a great way to create lasting treasures.



My style is classic with a distressed, shabby chic and vintage twist, with lots of attention to details. Another passion is creating altered art pieces, turning everyday items into works of art.
I live in beautiful Australia with my husband & daughter. I have been on many Design Teams including KaiserCraft, ArtDeco- Couture Creations, Imagainarium Designs & Meg’s Garden.
I have been published in many magazines around the world.

You can find my creations here on my blog:


I was so pleased to be asked to join "A Vintage Journey" as a Guest Creative.


For this month's challenge you have to create something inside a frame. Whatever you use show us how you have incorporated a frame on your vintage; shabby; mixed-media; art journaling; industrial or steampunk project. We can't wait to see all of your creative framing ideas! 
Just go to this link VIntage Journey : for more information.

So for my project - I found a frame with a canvas quote inside of it. It is quite a nice size to hand on the wall. I love recycling and altering items for displaying around the home or to give as gifts, so I am going to alter this framed canvas to look more vintage & shabby chic! 
Here is my finished project!!

"Create your own DREAMS"




This is what it looked like before I altered it! 
Nice quote but a very plain display frame.




I applied a couple of coats of "Anna Griffin" white gesso on the frame and inside on the canvas background.
I applied some "Anna Griffin" texture paste inside the frame on to a
Anna Griffin stencil "Ironwork", once dry - I applied some Distress spray stain and Distress inks over the texture paste design. With a touch of gold embossing on the top of the textured design.


I sprayed inks, embossed all over the Imaginarium Designs chipboards frames, vines words & butterflies. Adding some pretty flowers here and there.




Imaganirium Designs  vines, butterflies, frame chipboards and words







so, I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project for this challenge
and I hope you can join in here in the fun, 
more details on how to enter are on the
Vintage Journey blog.

Thanks so much for having me here this month, 
Cheers
Adriana Bolzon XXX







8 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Awesome!! Huge congrats on your GD spot Adriana .. so well deserved. I love your canvas, it is stunning!! Gorgeous colours, amazing background and I love the added texture on the frame. This is fabulous .. beautifully altered frame and canvas. Have a great weekend!! hugs xx

Alison Bevis Papercrafter said...

This is such a beautiful project - Congratulations on the Guest spot too!!

Lizzyc said...

Well done on your guest spot! This looks so pretty, love all the chipboard you have used and love the flowers too! Beautiful creating!

Helen Wallace said...

Warmest congrats on the Guest Spot Adriana and what a magnificent project to create for them. Great to see the step by steps as you transformed something ordinary into something magical. TFS

Julia Aston said...

what a gorgeous transformation on your purchased Frame Adriana - beautiful pasting, stenciling, and layered blooms - thank you so much for joining us at AVJ as a Guest Creative Guide! Julia xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a fabulous, fabulous piece Adriana, wow, what a transformation! The colours, the flowers, the whole composition just look super and it was great to have you guesting with us at AVJ!!

Deb said...

Gorgeous framed creation Adriana, love your colour palette and all the wonderful textures on this fabulous piece. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey as a guest Creative Guide and inspiring us all with this wonderful project! Deb xo

Anonymous said...

Adriana this is gorgeous. we love that you have used some of our Couture Creations Anna Griffin Mixed Media products to create a fabulous upcyled piece for you wall